This is the authorised and official internet website for Barclays intermediaries. You should read the information and conditions below carefully before using our website.
"You" or "your" means qualified intermediaries accessing this website ("Site").
"Your client" means any client that you are advising.
"We", "us" or "our" means Woolwich, trading name of Barclays Bank PLC.
"Barclays Group" means our parent company and any companies we or our parent company totally or partly own at any time.
'The Woolwich' and 'Woolwich' are trading names of Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register number: 122702). Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England. Registered number 1026167. Registered office 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
Barclays Bank PLC complies with the Electronic Commerce Directive
Site terms & conditions
These terms & conditions govern your use of this Site and by accessing this Site you agree to be bound by them.
- This website is for the use of mortgage intermediaries only. All other individuals should visit Barclays mortgages for information.
- We may in our sole discretion terminate your access to or use of this Site for any reason, including without limitation where we believe that you have not acted in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Site.
- Please remember that Internet communications are not secure unless the data being sent is encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for the unauthorised access by a third party and/or the corruption of data being sent by individuals to offices of Barclays Bank PLC.
Copyright, all rights reserved
- The entire content of this Site is subject to copyright with all rights reserved and the information held is for your personal use only and for conducting intermediary business with your clients.
- You may not download (all or in part), transmit or modify the Site without our prior permission. However, you may print out part or all of the Site for your own personal use.
Third party products and services
- This site may also contain information that has been supplied by a third party. It is given by us in good faith and has been taken from trade and other sources and is believed to be reliable. However, we have not verified all of such information, which may not be complete or accurate for your purposes.
- We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, availability or contents of websites of other providers which may have links from this website. In creating hypertext links to any other websites, we are not recommending that website or giving any assurances as to its standing.
- No third party is permitted to link any other web-site to this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
Reference to a particular product or service does not constitute a solicitation, offer or recommendation of those products or services by Barclays.
- Although we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information provided on this Site is accurate, we give no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any such information.
- Opinions and any other contents at the Site are provided by us for personal use and for conducting intermediary business with your clients and are for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. We suggest that you refresh your browser and check the Important Information section of this site for changes on a regular basis.
- Nothing contained on the Site constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice and is not to be relied on in making an investment or other decision.
- Although we take every precaution in ensuring our software and materials are virus free, we cannot guarantee that the material or software you download are free from viruses or other damaging codes or programs.
- It is a condition of allowing you to download through our site that any liability on our part in respect of, or arising directly or indirectly from, any virus or other damaging code or program is excluded to the extent permitted by law. Therefore, please run virus-checking software as soon as you download any materials or before installing any software.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, whether direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential, relating to the use of this site or the online services, or the information contained on this site, or your inability to use this site or services, whether such damages arose out of contract or tort or otherwise and regardless of whether we were expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- We do not exclude our duties or liabilities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
- English law governs these terms and conditions and you agree that the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any matter or dispute in connection with or arising out of this Site and these terms and conditions.
- This Site is designed for use in the UK and is not directed to, nor intended for distribution or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this Site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. If you choose to access information on this Site, it is your responsibility to comply with the applicable local, national or international laws and any use of this Site outside the UK is entirely at your own risk. For guidance relating to your specific situation, please contact your legal adviser.
- The products and services represented within this Site are intended for UK customers only.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Barclays Bank PLC is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) established under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The FSCS protects deposits with the bank up to a total of £85,000 per depositor. Most depositors, including individuals and small firms, can benefit from this type of protection. The Scheme covers deposits made with branches of the bank in the UK and within the European Economic Area and deposits in all currencies are treated alike. This Scheme is not applicable to deposits held at branches in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Further details of the Scheme are available on request from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor Beaufort House , 15 St.Botolph Street, London,EC3A 7QU. Tel:0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100. Website http://www.fscs.org.uk
Important information relating to mortgage business
- Please note all our mortgage products are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. All rates and charges quoted are correct at time the site was last updated.
- Applications are subject to status and a minimum age of 18
- A Woolwich Openplan Current Account is mandatory with an Openplan Offset Mortgage
- A first charge over the property is required
- We are a responsible lender and when considering your client’s application for borrowing, their financial circumstances will be appraised. If they run into difficulty, they should contact us immediately
- Any illustration created does not constitute an offer or part of an advance nor does it in anyway bind The Barclays to make an advance or to make one on the terms given. Should your client decide to proceed with a Barclays mortgage the exact terms and conditions will be given in a formal offer of advance as soon as possible together with exact details of any cashbacks or other benefits
- The property must be situated in the United Kingdom which is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom.
- For further information about our mortgages you can download PDF copies of our valuations criteria and Barclays tariff of mortgage charges.